Frequently Asked Questions

Before contacting us, check this section to see if it answers your query

I am self-employed - what do I need to do?
If you are self-employed you should send us your latest accounts or, if these aren't available, you'll need to complete a self-employed income form

Can my claim for Council Tax Support be backdated?

If you are over pensionable age your claim for Council Tax Support can be paid up to a maximum of three months. If you request this you will be asked to provide details of your circumstances during this past period. If you are under pensionable age you may ask for your claim to be backdated for up to one month for Council Tax Support. In both cases you must prove that you had a very good reason for failing to apply earlier. You will be asked for documentary evidence to support your request. For instance, if you have been ill, a letter from your doctor or the hospital.