Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
Any businesses in Eastleigh Borough that have suffered hardship as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic may apply for this grant, if they are not excluded for one of the following reasons:
- Businesses that were not trading on 4 November 2020 at the start of national lockdown
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of national restriction or since; and
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the COVID-19 Temporary State Aid Framework (See State Aid Limit below).
This fund is aimed at businesses that were not obliged to close on 5 November 2020 and those that were obliged to close but are not liable for business rates and were therefore ineligible for compensation under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed).
Recipients of the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) scheme are also permitted to apply for additional funding under this scheme.
Priority groups for this grant are those that are:
- Local employers that have not furloughed staff since March 2020
- Suppliers to or dependent on customers that are unlikely to be trading fully in the next six months
- directly or indirectly linked to the events, marine, cruise, travel and leisure industries
- linked to other sectors that support the health and environmental objectives of the borough
- experiencing cash flow problems linked to investment in stock
- Small businesses with fewer than 50 employees and/or less than £10m in annual turnover
Eastleigh Borough Council has been allocated £2.6m for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG), which is to be used to provide taxable, non-repayable financial awards to local businesses as well as other forms of support. EBC intends to release a maximum of £500,000 per quarter from January 2021 until April 2022 and it is unlikely that any single award will exceed £5,000.
These grant payments count towards state aid. By accepting this grant, you must confirm that you are not in breach of state aid rules.
Apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant
If you have read the eligibility criteria for the scheme, and believe that you would qualify for this award, please make an application.
Due to an expected high number of applications we may not be able to respond to enquiries promptly. Please do not rely on a response to an enquiry before applying – you should proceed with the application if you consider you are eligible.