Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) This grant is available to businesses for the period that Eastleigh Borough Council were in “Local COVID Alert Level ‘High’” (Tier 2) 2 December – 25 December 2020.
This is support for businesses that are not legally required to close but which are severely impacted by the localised restrictions on socialising put in place to manage the coronavirus. This support is targeted for businesses in the hospitality and leisure sector. An example of this is pubs that can remain open, but whose sales have been dramatically affected by the restrictions.
Your business may be eligible if it:
- Business rate payers within the Hospitality, Hotel, Bed & Breakfast and Leisure Sector.
- We will also pay grants to event industry and supply chains that support the above sectors.
- Businesses must have been trading the day before local restrictions came into force to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme. Where local restrictions are preceded by national ‘lockdown’ measures, requiring the closure of businesses that are otherwise eligible, it is accepted that those businesses are still trading.
- Businesses must have been severely impacted by local restrictions.
Your business will not be eligible if it:
- has chosen to close, but not been required to close as part of a local lockdown
- has reached the state aid limit. The Local Restrictions Support Grant counts towards state aid. Payments count towards the total de minimis state aid allowed over a three-year period (€200,000). If you have reached that threshold, you may still be eligible for funding under the COVID-19 Temporary Framework where the limit is €800,000
- was in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice was made on the date of the first full day of the local restrictions
What you will get
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, you will receive a cash grant of £467 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of above £15,000 and below £51,000, you will receive a cash grant of £700 per 14-day qualifying period.
- If your business is eligible and has a property with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, you will receive a cash grant of £1,050 per 14-day qualifying period.
Eastleigh Borough Council were in tier 2 for 24 days, payments will be pro-rota accordingly.
Grants are based on the rateable value of the property on the first full day of the national lockdown restrictions. Find and check your business rates valuation
How to apply
Before you apply, please ensure that you are rated for business rates payment.
You will also need to have the following to hand:
- business rates reference number
- Company Number (registered with Companies House), VAT Number or Charity Number
- a copy of a bank statement that can be uploaded to your application.
The application form is available here.