There has been very high demand for the services of the three food banks across the Borough, during the coronavirus pandemic, and they are in need of donations.
If you can spare any groceries, please visit their Facebook pages of the organisations below or donate at a collection point.
All of the Basics Banks will take financial donations – to donate, contact them by phone or email. Eastleigh BB also has a donation button on their website which enables them to take financial donations via a range of payment methods.
Eastleigh Basics Bank - Unit 6G, Wells Place, Eastleigh SO50 5PP
They are especially in need of the following items: Cereal, tinned meat meals, tea, coffee, tinned vegetables, tinned spaghetti, tinned ham or fish, jars of cook-in-sauce, sugar, rice, spreads (jam, honey, peanut butter, etc) porridge drinking chocolate, desserts (sponge puddings, jelly etc), toothpaste, washing up liquid, dog food (dried and tins), toiletries, nappies, dried foods - eg, pasta, rice and UHT milk.
Stock donations can be made at:
The Basics Bank shop in Wells Place, Eastleigh (Tuesday & Thursday 10am - 3pm)
Tesco (Swan Centre, Eastleigh)
Sainsbury (Market Street, Eastleigh)
Waitrose (Oakmount Road, Chandler's Ford)
Most churches in and around Eastleigh
Hedge End Food Centre, Kings Community Church, Upper Northam Road, Hedge End SO30 4BZ
You can make a donation at the following locations:
Kings Community Church, Upper Northam Rd, Hedge End SO30 4BZ
Open Mondays and Thursdays 10am - 1pm
Donations can be left at any time during the week within the Church Building
Donation trolley located at the food hall entrance of M&S Hedge End
Donation trolley located at the CO-OP in Hedge End village.
Donation trolley located at Lidl, Hedge End.
Hound (Netley) Food Bank, Hound Basics Food Bank, 30 Queens View, Netley Abbey SO31 5AE (next to Richard & Lisa's Store)
On Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10:30 and 14:00 they are open at 30 Queens View, Netley Abbey, SO31 5EA. They have a donation trolley by the garage during these times.
At all other times, your donations are most warmly welcome at the following locations around Netley Abbey, Hamble and Bursledon:
- Hound Basics Food Bank, 30 Queens View, SO31 5EA - box in porch
- Co-op, Station Road, SO31 5AF
- Post Office, Station Road, SO31 5AF
- Netley Central Sports & Social Club, Station Road, SO31 5AE
- 5 Sellwood Road, SO31 5BJ - box in porch
- Grange Cottage, 2 Grange Road, SO31 4HP - box in porch
(opposite St. Edward's Church - look for white picket fence)
- St. Andrew's Church, High Street, SO31 4JW - in porch, 9am-5pm
- Ketch Rigger Restaurant, Hamble Point Marina, SO31 4NB - 8:30am - 9:00pm
- Gaff Rigger Restaurant, Mercury Yacht Harbour, SO31 4HQ - 8:30am - 9:00pm
- Bursledon Parish Vicarage, School Road, SO31 4BW
- Pilands Wood Community Centre, Chamberlayne Road, SO31 8DT - Monday 10am-1pm, Tuesday & Thursday 10am-3pm
- The Coffee Shop (upstairs), Bursledon Community Centre, Portsmouth Road, SO31 8ES
- The Plough, Portsmouth Road, SO31 8BT
- 'Crosstrees', Church Lane, SO31 8AB
If you are shielding during the COVID-19 pandemic, they are happy to collect donations from you.
- B. Matthews Funeral Director, 146 Portsmouth Road, Woolston, SO19 9AP