Hampshire Home Choice

Apply for affordable housing

Social Graphic Cards COVID 19 Post

Staff currently have limited access to the Council offices due to coronavirus restrictions. Therefore, we are unable to check our post every day. Where possible, please use email and online forms during this time. For any of the services on this page, please use housing@eastleigh.gov.uk for enquiries. Thank you for your help.

Affordable housing is accommodation that is offered by registered providers at a lower cost than that of local market rent levels.  Local Authorities are required to deliver a housing register for the allocation of the affordable housing and have a level of discretion to create a scheme that is best suited to the needs of their area.

We have agreed a common approach for the allocation of social housing in partnership with  East Hampshire District Council, Havant Borough Council, Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City and operate a sub-regional choice based lettings scheme called Hampshire Home Choice (HHC).

For more information or to join Hampshire Home Choice please register onlineThe website also contains useful information such as a Scheme Guide and the Hampshire Home Choice Allocations Framework. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact our housing team on 023 8068 800.

Housing Associations tenants

If you are a Council or Housing Association tenant and you would like to move or if your home is no longer suitable, you can also apply to join Hampshire Home Choice.


As a Council or Housing Association tenenat, you may also have the right to mutually exchange.  A mutual exchange allows you to swap your property with another tenant looking  to move. Once you have identified a suitable swap and both parties wish to proceed, you must apply directly to your landlord organisation. 

For further information and to register

Contact our housing team