Planning a jubilee street party

Please note that street party applications have now closed.

If you are planning a street party to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, you must complete the special jubilee street party application form. We will waive the fee for street party road closures held between 20 May and 17 June. The waiving of the street party fee applies to residents of residential streets only and does not apply to traders seeking to close high streets.

You will need to plan in plenty of time, applications will close on 8 April for anyone wishing to hold a street party over the bank holiday weekend (Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June 2022). You will be contacted within two weeks of your application to confirm whether your street party has been approved.

If you are formally closing your road, there must be very clear signs placed on display at the road closure points. Appropriate signs can be hired from most hire shops or from the Council at a charge of £15 per sign. Please be aware that the Council have a very limited stock that can be requested on a first come, first served basis. If you are allocated any signs, these will need to be collected during normal working hours.

How to apply

Before you start the application you will need the following:

  • The name of the road you are proposing to close and the dates and times of closure. Please note the maximum road closure is for 12 hours duration.
  • A brief list of properties affected.
  • A copy of a letter sent to all residents affected with an option to respond to any questions/concerns
  • If the road(s) you wish to close are used by through traffic you will need to attach a traffic plan showing the exact extent of the closure and an alternative route for traffic. Please note, classified roads cannot be closed for street parties.
  • If you are planning to close a road which is part of a bus route you will need to consult the bus company and attach a copy of their response.
  • If you are planning a road closure you will also need to consult any businesses in the wider area that may be affected. If you have already consulted them you will need to attach a copy of your consultation invitation or notice and confirm the date it was sent.

Download application form 

What happens next

Once you have submitted your form and any attachments we will look at what you are proposing and process your application. Once this has been assessed, we will get back to you to let you know the outcome within two weeks.

Other useful information

The following websites have some useful information to help you meet the basic legal requirements for a street party:

If you have any questions, please contact the Traffic Team