Utility bills and heating
Assistance and support with paying your utility bills and help keep your home warm
Hitting the Cold Spots
Help for people struggling to keep their homes warm and fight fuel poverty.
As the weather turns colder some vulnerable individuals and families will struggle to keep their homes warm. Cold weather not only makes life uncomfortable but can lead to serious health problems in the very young, vulnerable and elderly, such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease or stroke.
The Hampshire-based team at Hitting the Cold Spots will offer advice on the grants available and ways to reduce your energy bills while keeping your home warm and healthy. Call 0800 804 8601 for more information or email email@example.com
Keeping your home warm and your family healthy can be expensive and sometimes difficult. Hitting the Cold Spots Advisors are here to help you keep warm at home and reduce your energy bills.
How Hitting the Cold Spots can help:
Home visits from Advisors offering advice and practical support.
- Help to access funding, where available, for boiler repairs and replacements. Delivered through trusted ‘Buy With Confidence’ contractors.
- Support with temporary electric heaters if you are without heating.
- Eligibility check for the Warm Home Discount and local energy efficiency schemes.
- Assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help you save money on your fuel bills.
- Signposting and referrals for you to other organisations, such as: benefits and debt advice, home safety visits and healthy living services.
*Some of the above services are subject to availability, and conditions apply.
Warm Home Discount
Paid automatically to people with fuel bills who are in receipt of Pension Guarantee Credit. Some energy companies also allow other vulnerable customers to apply for help. Contact your energy gas and/or electricity supplier and ask who can qualify for their Warm Home Discount scheme and how to apply.