Review of parish councils 2017
Parish boundaries, warding arrangements and number of councillors
Eastleigh Borough Council carried out a Community Governance Review in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, and other relevant statutory provisions.
The aim of the review was to ensure that the arrangements for community governance across the Borough reflect ‘the identities and interests of the community in the area’ and are ‘effective and convenient’.
The review commenced in late November 2017 when all parish councils were invited to put forward proposals regarding the parish boundary, warding arrangements and number of councillors. All proposals were considered and subject to public consultation in the summer and subsequently approved by Eastleigh Borough Council in July. These changes have been approved by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England and can now be implemented.
Community governance reviews provide the opportunity for principal councils to review and make changes to community governance within their areas. It can be helpful to undertake community governance reviews in circumstances such as where there have been changes in population, or in reaction to specific or local new issues.
The review had regard to the “Guidance on Community Governance Reviews” issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and the Local Government Boundary Commission for England.
The Outcome of the review is set out in the Order which includes a map and schedule detailing the number of parish councillors and electors for each area. More detailed maps for each parish are available below.
- Borough Map
- Map 1 Bursledon Parish changes
- Map 2 Bursledon Parish boundary
- Map 3 Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish changes
- Map 4 Fair Oak & Horton Heath Parish boundary
- Map 5 Hedge End Parish changes
- Map 6 Hedge End Parish boundary
- Map 7 Hound Parish changes
- Map 8 Hound Parish boundary
- Map 9 Hamble-le-Rice Parish boundary changes
- Map 10 Hamble-le-Rice Parish boundary
- Map 11 West End Parish boundary changes
- Map 12 West End Parish boundary