Artificial light nuisance could be described as an unreasonable interference, experienced regularly and over a period of time, which unreasonably impacts on the enjoyment of your property.
We can investigate artificial light nuisance reports from the following sources:
- domestic and commercial security lights
- some healthy living and sports facilities
- domestic decorative lighting
What should you do if you're affected by a nuisance?
- Firstly you can try and speak to the person causing the nuisance – the majority of complaints can be resolved informally. If you don’t feel comfortable speaking to your neighbour in person about the problem, you could start by writing them a friendly letter to explain how the nuisance is affecting you.
- If you know that the person who is creating the nuisance has a social landlord, you can make contact with the landlord and ask them to intervene.
- Keep records of when and how long the nuisance occurs and if you can not find resolution contact us for advice.