There’s plenty of Christmas activity and entertainment under cover in Eastleigh town centre on Saturday 18 November.
With a balloon modeller, magician, art and crafts market and even farmyard animals, together with a (pre-booked) Santa’s Grotto and a nativity trail, there’s still lots for families to see and do during the day, before returning for the countdown to the switch-on of the Christmas illuminations in the Leigh Road precinct (near The Railwayman statue) just before 6pm, with the Mayor and Father Christmas in attendance.
- A festive mini-farm at The Good Companions pub where children can meet the animals (11am to 3.30pm)
- Balloon modellers (11am to 4pm) and Elves in the Swan Centre
- The Makers' Market, festive crafts and a magician in The Point Theatre (11am to 5pm)
- Santas’ Grotto at The Point, 11am to 4pm (must be pre-booked at www.thepointeastleigh.co.uk – and it’s also available on Sunday)
- A Nativity Trail at the Eastleigh Baptist Church on Wells Place.
The other outdoor elements of the Christmas lights event have had to be cancelled due to the main viewing area for fireworks being waterlogged - and predicted heavy rain and gusting winds causing problems for stallholders, a number of whom pulled out earlier this week.
But visitors to Eastleigh town centre can look forward to a Christmas market on Saturday 2 December with Santa's Grotto, Prize Every Time games, and a face painter – more details to follow.