Funded by Hampshire County Council, the sessions are free for people wanting to lose weight, with a BMI >30 plus for the general population and a BMI >28 for minority ethnic groups who live in Hampshire or have a GP in Hampshire (excluding Portsmouth or Southampton). You can also be referred by your GP or health professional if you have a long-term condition.
ShapeUp4Life is a rolling behaviour change programme which Hampshire residents can access anytime to suit them. It offers 12 weekly expert-led sessions that are fun, relaxed, welcoming, and motivating.
The sessions are split into two parts: the first half focuses on nutrition and real-life barriers including snacking, and the second half helps people get moving through low-intensity movement classes suitable for beginners.
Those who sign up will benefit from:
- Weekly sessions with qualified instructors
- Unlimited access to the ShapeUp4Life recipes, snack ideas and meal mixers to support a healthy balanced diet
- Engagement reminders, emails, and prompts
- A live dashboard featuring personalised progress charts and goals to support achievement of 5% weight loss goal in 12 weeks
- Food and activity diaries, and downloadable resources
- Interactive goal-setting and quiz features to support you to make positive behaviour changes
- Ongoing access and online support following the ShapeUp4Life 12-week plan
- Culturally appropriate recipes and dietary advice.
You can attend local groups in a community venue near you, or online via virtual live sessions, and there is also the App for those who want to do it alone.
Visit the website to find out your BMI and learn more: www.shapeup4lifehampshire.co.uk or call on 0800 246 5170 or
023 8218 0287.