Information on bus routes connecting Eastleigh and bus stop bicycle parking
A network of regular bus routes connect the Borough of Eastleigh to Southampton and other major destinations in the area. The Solent Go Travelcard covering bus and ferry travel and car clubs can be used on buses across Eastleigh, making bus travel easier.
Service 44 - Eastleigh to Chandler’s Ford & Hiltingbury Circular
In July 2023 a new mini-bus service was launched, operating between Eastleigh and Chandler’s Ford, also serving communities in Hiltingbury, Fryern and Velmore. The number 44 mini-bus service replaces the Xelabus X6/X7 routes.
The service, run by Community First, will offer nine daily Monday to Friday roundtrips to Chandler’s Ford, Hiltingbury, Fryern and Eastleigh. It will also run a morning and afternoon peak-time service (Monday to Friday) linking to Velmore when the Bluestar 23 is not operating.
Adult fares cost between £2.50 and £5 child fares between £1 and £3.50.
The service will run for one year to review passenger usage, with an option to extend the contract.
Funding for this service has been provided by Hampshire County Council in partnership with Chandlers Ford Parish Council, who received a grant from Eastleigh Borough Council.
Bicycle parking at bus stops
We have installed cycle parking at bus stops along the Bluestar 1 route between Chandlers Ford and Otterbourne, and at bus stops along the Bluestar 2 route between Fair Oak, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh and towards Southampton so that you can cycle and easily park your bike at your local bus stop.
Maps of bus stop cycle parking locations:
Bluestar 1 route Southampton-Chandler’s Ford-Winchester
Bluestar 2 route Southampton-Eastleigh-Bishopstoke-Fair Oak
List of bus stop cycle parking locations:
Bluestar 1 route cycle stands at the following stops:
- Allbrook, Otterbourne Hill Southbound stop towards Chandler’s Ford and Southampton
- Thornden School Northbound stop towards Winchester
- Peverells Wood Avenue Southbound bus stop towards Southampton
- Fryern Hill shops Northbound stop towards Winchester and outside Co-op
- Chandler’s Ford precinct Southbound stop towards Southampton
- Chandler’s Ford Asda Northbound stop towards Chandler’s Ford and Winchester
- Chilworth Roundabout Northbound stop towards Chandler’s Ford and Winchester
Bluestar 2 route cycle stands at the following stops:
- Fair Oak: Sandy Lane At junction with Winchester Road, Fair Oak, stands on the green area at the junction with Ridgeway close, opposite the bus stop
- Fair Oak: Winchester Road Fair Oak near Witt Road Next to the southbound bus stop towards Eastleigh/Southampton
- Fair Oak Square Opposite side of road to the stop used by Bluestar 2
- Fair Oak:Fair Oak Road at junction with Sandy Lane/ Blackberry Lane On the green behind the bus shelter next to the cycle path
- Bishopstoke: Fair Oak Road at junction with Weavills Road Next to the westbound bus stop towards Eastleigh
- Bishopstoke: Alan Drayton Way next to Fair Oak Road junction Westbound stop towards Eastleigh
- Bishopstoke: Sedgwick Road stop at West Drive Southbound stop towards Eastleigh
- Bishopstoke: Riverside At bus stop at Riverside/ Bishopstoke Road junction
- Eastleigh Bus Station Several locations near the bus station including on the precinct outside Sainsburys, and at the northern end of the bus station near the toilets & Co-wheels car club cars
- Eastleigh: Derby Road near Hardy Road At the westbound bus stop towards Southampton
- Eastleigh: Nightingale Bridge At the westbound bus stop towards Southampton
- Eastleigh: The Cricketers Pub, Chestnut Avenue On the verge opposite side of road to the westbound bus stop towards Eastleigh