County, Parish and Town Councils

County Council

Some services, such as education, social services, roads and street lighting, are provided by Hampshire County Council.

All Borough Wards sit within a County Council 'Division', each of which is represented by a County Councillor, serving a four year term. In addition to your Borough Councillor, you have the right to contact your relevant County Councillor.

Parish and Town Councils

There are 12 Parish and Town Councils in the Borough. Their councillors are elected once every four years (on varying cycles).
Results of the last elections, Thursday 4 May 2023

Allowances for Councillors

Regulations allow Parish and Town Councils to pay councillors a basic allowance and travel allowances. These councils do not need to consider or pay such allowances. Councils can decide to pay just the chairman or all the Councillors. If all Councillors are paid, the chairman's allowance must be higher.

These councils must give public notice of any allowance scheme they use. The scheme must be available for inspection or to buy from the relevant council. After the end of each financial year, the Council must publish details of any allowances paid.

Code of Conduct for Councillors

Councils must have a code of conduct. This code is not necessarily the same as the one adopted by the Borough Council.

Code of conduct for Councillors

Register of interests

Parish and town Councillors must complete a register of members interest form. This is a requirement of the code of conduct. We hold this register of interests:

Allbrook | Bishopstoke | Botley | Boyatt Wood | Bursledon | Chandler's Ford | Eastleigh | Fair Oak & Horton Heath | Hamble | Hedge End | Hound | West End

Complaints against Councillors

To make a complaint that a Councillor is not following the code of conduct, write to:

Monitoring Officer
Eastleigh Borough Council,
Eastleigh House,
Upper Market Street,
SO50 9YN.