To help our residents make the transition to cleaner energy, we've teamed up with other local authorities in Hampshire and iChoosr for Solar Together - a group solar panel buying scheme.
We have ambitious target to help the Borough reach carbon neutrality by 2030, as part of our Climate and Environmental Emergency Action Plan. Once installed, Solar Panels provide an ongoing, free, zero carbon source of electricity to power homes and/or heat water.
Solar Together Hampshire is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings Hampshire households together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
If you already have solar panels installed you can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system, simply select this option on the website when registering as explained below.
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register between 22 August and 27 September for free and without obligation on the Solar Together Hampshire website. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: an ‘auction’ will be held on 27 September, when our pre-vetted solar installers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
3. Personal recommendation: from 17 October you will then be contacted with a personal recommendation, based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your solar panel installation.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. If you accept the offer you will be asked to pay a £150 deposit.*
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date.
*If the survey finds it impossible to install the panels your deposit will be refunded.
Find out more
For more information about the scheme, visit our Solar Together Hampshire website where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available to answer any further questions.