Eastleigh Sports Awards
Celebrating sport and wellbeing achievements in the Borough
Eastleigh Sports Awards 2023 announcement
"The Eastleigh Sport and Physical Activity Alliance (SPAA) are proud to have supported the Eastleigh Sports Awards for over ten years - celebrating the success of local residents.
"Unfortunately, the Eastleigh SPAA Group are not in a position to support the delivery of the Eastleigh Sports Awards this coming year. We appreciate many of you will be disappointed by this news, however, we want to reassure you that this decision was carefully considered.
"While there will be no awards ceremony in 2023, what our talented athletes, schools, coaches, volunteers and projects are doing does not go unnoticed."
Chairman of Eastleigh SPAA
View #EastleighSportsAwards to check out what happened on the 2022 awards night!
Sports Awards 2020 was cancelled due to Coronavirus restrictions and so the latest Awards was combined into a bumper two-year celebration to include activities over both years. The awards ceremony took place Monday 9 May 2022 at The Hilton at The Ageas Bowl, Hedge End where shortlistees, nominators, VIPs and sponsors celebrated the sport and physical activity achievements of two challenging calendar years.
It’s not just the top-level athletes, but schools, coaches, volunteers and projects were all in the spotlight over ten categories. Two brand new categories for this year were the Innovation and Health & Wellbeing awards: recognising the amazing flexible and creative efforts during the pandemic.
Eastleigh Sports Awards 2022 Winners
- Volunteer of the Year: Carole Sayles, Baton Twirling
- Club of the Year: Eastleigh Walking Football Club
- Junior Sportsperson: Maria Mitchell, Badminton
- Outstanding Achievement: Toynbee School - Year 7 Boys Football Team
- Senior Sportsperson: David Smith, Boccia
- School of the Year: Hiltingbury Junior School
- Innovation Award: Free Bikes Hampshire UK
- Health & Wellbeing Award: This VI (Visually Impaired) Girl Can, Self Defence and Dance
- Coach of the Year: Stefan Hargrave, Rugby
- Service to Sport: Karen Paling, Gymnastics
Special Recognition Award: Lou Gittens