How to contact out of hours in an emergency

If you need to contact us and you cannot wait until the next working day, you can contact us using our emergency out-of-hours number

Call 999 for crimes in progress, imminent danger to life, or when violence is occurring or threatened.

We employ an Out of Hours Duty officer to assist with emergency situations.

Our Duty Officer will be able to assist with:

  • Alarms on Council owned premises
  • Dangerous or unsafe buildings and structures
  • Dangerous dogs
  • Emergency tree work
  • Flooding
  • Homeless persons assistance
  • Major food poisoning
  • Unauthorised works on protected trees or listed buildings
  • Unauthorised Encampments

Our Duty Officer will NOT be able to assist with:

  • Noise – we do not have an out of hours noise service. You can report a noise nuisance online, alternatively please call us the next working day
  • Pollution to rivers or shoreline -  please call the Environment Agency
  • Roads - Hampshire County Council Highways and the police deals with any emergencies on the highway.  Call 101.
  • Sewers – Call Southern Water on 0330 303 0368
  • Private Housing - For emergencies with your privately rented property, please contact your landlord in the first instance.

What happens when you call our Out of Hours Duty Officer:

  • We will arrange for the problem to be dealt with
  • We will give you information and contact numbers for the authority that can deal with your call, if it is not us
  • We will advise you that the incident is not an emergency and ask you to call the Customer Service Centre on the next working day

This service operates outside of the following hours:

If you do need to contact us, please note when calling, you will hear a message explaining the service and an emergency telephone number will be given to use if appropriate. Please have a pen and paper ready to take down the number.