How to contact us out of hours in an emergency
If you need to contact us and you cannot wait until the next working day, you can contact us using our emergency out-of-hours number
We employ an Out of Hours Duty officer to assist with emergency situations. This service operates outside of the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 5pm.
Please call 023 8068 8000 you will then hear a message explaining the service and an emergency telephone number given to use if appropriate. Please have a pen and paper ready to take down the number.
Our Duty Officer will be able to assist with:
- Alarms on Council owned premises
- Dangerous or unsafe buildings and structures
- Dangerous dogs
- Emergency tree work
- Homeless persons assistance
- Major food poisoning
- Unauthorised works on protected trees or listed buildings
- Unauthorised Encampments
- Noise – we do not have an out of hours noise service. You can report a noise nuisance online, alternatively please call us the next working day
- Pollution to rivers or shoreline - please call the Environment Agency
- Roads - Hampshire County Council Highways and the police deals with any emergencies on the highway. Call 101.
- Sewers – Call Southern Water on 0330 303 0368
What happens when you call our Out of Hours Duty Officer:
- We will arrange for the problem to be dealt with
- We will give you information and contact numbers for the authority that can deal with your call, if it is not us
- We will advise you that the incident is not an emergency and ask you to call the Customer Service Centre on the next working day