Clinical (healthcare) waste collections
We offer a free collection service of clinical waste to our residents Clinical waste
Clinical (Healthcare) waste collections
Clinical waste is classified under law as hazardous waste, which means it requires safe disposal. We can help arrange a safe collection of clinical waste.
You may use this service to dispose of:
- Used medical dressings contaminated with body fluids or blood
- Used syringes and needles
- Used sanitary products (Sanpro) waste, for example incontinence pads and empty colostomy and urine bags
- Other waste from a person who is suffering from an infectious disease
More information about clinical waste can be found at GOV.UK
Our free clinical waste collection service for residents covers the collection of sharps boxes and waste that is considered infectious. To arrange a new collection, we need a referral from your GP (General Practitioner), District Nurse or other local health professional.
If you already receive this service, you can now manage your collections through your My Eastleigh account (see below) including:
- Booking a collection when your sharps box is full to the line indicated
- Pausing regular collections (e.g. for holidays)
- Cancelling the service
If you want to receive this service, need a one-off, or temporary collection this still needs to be as a referral from your GP. Once you have this, you can arrange a collection online by setting up a My Eastleigh account or through our customer service team and our special clinical waste vehicle will collect from your home.
Your collection day will be depend on where you live in the Borough:
Tuesdays - Allbrook, Bishopstoke, Boyatt Wood, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Fair Oak and Horton Heath
Thursdays - Boorley Green, Botley, Bursledon, Hedge End, Hamble, Netley Abbey and West End
For more information and to arrange a collection please contact our Customer Service Centre on 023 8068 8000.